June 28, 2022
Live Stream Production for Large In-Person Event
BY London Filmed
June 28th, 2022
Event venue: The Eastside Rooms, Birmingham
Event platform: YouTube
Workflow: vMix > YouTube
In the making: 6 weeks
Date of event: 27-28.06.22
Duration: 2 days
Attendees: 275 (in-person) 150 (online)
Health Data Research UK (HDR UK) had a special 2-part event held at The Eastside Rooms in Birmingham for over 250 attendees.
On the 27th, HDRUK held an evening dinner, which required AV support, and their event ‘Building a Legacy for Health Data Research Infrastructure’ was live streamed on the 28th to YouTube for their online audience.
Challenges & Solutions
- Stakeholder alignment – we worked with HDRUK’s events committee to organise meetings with all stakeholders to ensure everyone was aligned for a seamless event project
- Last-minute agenda alterations – we quickly turned around updated digital assets to be added to the event build last minute
- Site visit – after visiting the site, a few recommendations were added to the event project, including additional AV support (extra lighting, speakers, and microphones). This enhanced what the venue had and ensured optimal AV quality for the in-person and online audiences.
- The event room was huge and had a central partition, which was not quite covered up by the draping. We recommended adding a branded free-standing backdrop for the stage to make it a focal centrepiece and to bring both sides of the room together. We used HDRUK’s brand guidelines to design and print the backdrop, opting for a reusable frame that HDRUK can use for future events.
“This was a large venue, with many attendees, and a couple of project amendments off the back of our site visit; however, the event was a huge success. The backdrop was a game-changer, enhancing the overall look and feel of the event and setting the stage as the central point. Added AV support was also critical to the event’s success, both of which were results of the site visit – a project element that is not to be missed!
With an even bigger event planned for later this year, we look forward to working with the HDRUK team soon!”
– Stephanie Clayton, Event Producer